Please work through the following activities:
– Modal verbs part 1 and 2
You may find the following link useful:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z4y492p there are
some alternative / additional activities for verbs and modal verbs too.
Online: (optional daily challenge)
The following website contains videos of famous authors setting you a 10-minute writing challenge. Choose one that you like the look of and away you go!
Write a balanced argument about the statements below. These can be completed in any order and one should be completed each day:
• Should girls be allowed to play football with boys?
• Should dogs be banned from parks?
• Should school uniform be compulsory?
• Should all children be entitled to pocket money?
• Should children be limited to one hour’s access to the internet per day?
You should plan the arguments for and against (you could use a list or a mind map) before you start writing. You may want to have a discussion with your family first.
Think about how you structure your arguments – look at the documents to help you (you may decide not to use these). There is an example about Homework being banned.