The Governing Body
Governing bodies are responsible for the strategic management of a school and will make decisions about a wide range of issues.
The core responsibilities involved are:
- Ensuring accountability
- Support the Headteacher in moving the school forward
- Monitoring and evaluating the school’s progress
- Budgetary allocation and control
- Planning for the long term future of the school
- Setting the school’s aims and values
- Appointing senior members of staff including the Head Teacher
- Ensure the Christian ethos of the school is maintained and developed.
- Ensure there is daily Collective Worship and weekly teaching of Religious Education.
The role of the Governors is to ensure that all the statutory duties of governance in the school are carried out.
In addition they are charged to ensure that the school carries out its School improvement Plan and becomes an Outstanding school at its next OFSTED Inspection.
The Governors are working with the Diocese as part of the multi academy trust.